Friday 22 August 2008
Katie Chandler's world is full of magic but because she is immune she can see past the spells and illusions. So when it seems there is a spy at Magic, Spells and Illusions, where she is an executive assistant, she is asked to head the investigation and get to the bottom of things and find out who the mole is.

However trying to find out who the spy is isn't that easy and Katie is finding it hard to concentrate with her parents visiting, her strange dates and her immunity to magic disappearing. Although things start making more sense when those killer red stilettos start turning the heads of some guys she didn't think were interested in her. Could it be that someone is out to set her up?

Once Upon Stilettos is the second book in the Katie Chandler series and I have to say it was not as great as the first. This story did have some very good moments but it just didn't impress me as much as Enchanted, Inc. did. The plot in this came together in the end but I felt like it was on the back burner for most of the book. The characters were as nice as before but they were missing something in this sequel and I can't quite put my finger on what that something was. However there were some good times and the one that sticks in my mind is when Katie's parents are visiting for Thanksgiving. This part of the story was fun and I was sad when it was over.

All in all this wasn't a bad continuation in the series but I felt it could have been better. I hope Katie's parents will make an appearance again in the series. This is magical chick-lit and it is amusing. An easy read with some nice characters you can really get to know and like. I know I am not giving this a glowing review but I am still eager to read the rest of the books in the series because on a whole this was worth reading and I am sure things are about to get better and interesting.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Friday, August 22, 2008 |


0 Comments:








Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online